Research Group on Social Mobilization in Greece (SMIG)
The Research Group SMIG has been doing interdisciplinary research on the contemporary Greek anti-war and anti-globalization movements:
- A social network and event history analysis of protesting/demonstrating
social mobilizations in Greece (2002-2003).
- Field research on protesters at the EU Summit in Thessaloniki (2003).
- Field research on protesters at the 20th March 2004 demonstration ("one year later") in Athens.
- Field research on the 2006 European Social Forum in Athens. The goal is to explore such dimensions, amongst others, as the following ones:
- Evidence of movement's trans-nationalization.
- Networks of activists and organizations.
- Biography and emotions.
- Policing the protest: The impact of repression on participation.
International Workshop on Contemporary Anti-War Mobilizations - Agonistic Engagement within Social Movement Networks, Corfu, Greece, November 6-7, 2003.
Restricted access (only to those possessing a username/password)
- Iosif Botetzagias & Moses Boudourides (2004). The Iraq war and Greek anti-war organisations. Bad Subjects, issue no. 65 (January 2004). A loocal mirror
of the paper (in pdf) is available here.
- Iosif Botetzagias & Moses Boudourides (2004). Perceptions of war and justice amongst Greek mobilisers: The case of Iraq second war. Paper presented at
the Conference "Critically Thinking Global Resistance One Year Later": A Conference on the Global Protest of February 15, 2003, and the
Movement against the War in Iraq, Columbia University, New York, March, 27-28, 2004.
- Iosif Botetzagias (2004). Oi diadilwtes tis 20is Martiou
2004 (The protesters of 20th March 2004) (in Greek). A preliminary report on the demonstration of 20th March 2004
("one year later") in Athens.
- Moses Boudourides & Iosif Botetzagias (2004). Networks of protest in Greece 2002-3. Paper presented at the Workshop No. 8 "The Changing Structure of Civil
Society," ECPR Joint Sessions of Workshops, Uppsala, Sweden, April 13-18, 2004. A slightly modified version of this paper, under
publication in Derrick Purdue (ed.), The Changing Structure of Civil Society, ECPR Series Books, is available
- Moses A. Boudourides, University of Patras, Greece, mboudour (at) upatras (dot) gr
- Iosif A. Botetzagias, University of the Aegean, Greece, iosif (at) aegean (dot) gr